busyfood.net – No-Bake Lemon Meringue Cheesecake Recipe
Hi Bold Bakers!
Now that spring has sprung, I’m busting out some seriously fresh and easy lemon recipes! My Lemon Meringue Cheesecake recipe has it all and then some, like a crunchy Graham cracker crust, a rich cheesecake filling infused with my homemade Microwave Lemon Curd, and it’s all topped off with a monumental amount of toasted meringue!
What Pie Crust Recipe Should I Use?
I’m using my Homemade Graham Crackers to make the crust. I simply blitz them in my food processor until I have fine crumbs. Feel free to use a mix of graham crackers and ginger snaps for an extra layer of flavor. If you’d like you can also use digestives, Shortbread Cookies, or any plain cookie.
Can I Use Store-Bought Lemon Curd?
Lemon curd is a key ingredient in this no-bake lemon cheesecake pie recipe. The curd adds a lemony flavor, thickness, and color. You can use store-bought lemon curd but I HIGHLY suggest you give one of my Homemade Lemon Curd recipes a try! From my traditional Lemon Curd to a MICROWAVE Lemon Curd, and even an egg-free Vegan Lemon Curd, I have you covered!
What You’ll Need For This No-Bake Meringue Recipe
In terms of equipment, you only need a few tools of the trade to make this no-bake lemon meringue pie.
- Pie tin and cling wrap
- Medium bowl
- Stand mixer with a whisk attachment
- Heat-safe bowl
- Kitchen torch
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
How To Make Lemon Meringue Cheesecake
This easy lemon meringue cheesecake recipe yields delicious results with tart lemon flavor and creamy cheesecake texture. This brief how-to involves each of the three steps in the process: the crust, the filling, and the topping, then get the full written recipe, with measurements, on the page below.
- Butter and line pie tin with cling wrap.
- Combine cookie crumbs and melted butter in a medium bowl. Transfer crust mixture into pie tin and press along the base and up the sides with fingertips.
- Place pie tin in the fridge.
- Beat cream cheese in a stand mixer.
- Add in lemon curd, cream, and lemon zest, whipping until the filling becomes stiff.
- Pour cheesecake filling into the pie shell in a pie tin. Smooth out with a spatula.
- Cover and place pie tin in the fridge for 5 to 6 hours.
- Place a heat-safe bowl on top of a simmering pot of water, with the bowl and water not touching.
- Add egg whites, sugar, and a pinch of cream of tartar in the bowl.
- Whisk together for 2-3 minutes.
- Using a stand mixer, whisk together egg mixture on medium-high for 5 minutes.
- Pile the meringue high on top of cheesecake.
- Lightly toast surface with a kitchen torch.
Taste And Consistency
This recipe should be confusing for your mouth because it should taste like lemon meringue pie and cheesecake all at the same time. On the inside, it should taste like a lemon cheesecake, and on the outside, it should have the fluffy meringue with a toasted singe.
Do I Have to Heat Treat Meringue?
If you have any doubts about working with egg whites, have no fear, this recipe includes a step for heat-treating them. This is OPTIONAL, you can go about making meringue using uncooked egg whites if uncooked eggs are safe to eat where you live. The trick to heat treating the egg whites, though, is to take your time and keep them over super low heat, allowing them to just get nice and warm (around 160°f — and hot to the touch).
How To Store Lemon Meringue Cheesecake
To store the Lemon Meringue Cheesecake I like to cover it with cling wrap and keep in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Tips and Tricks to making Lemon Meringue Cheesecake
- Butter, then line your pie tin with 2-3 layers of cling wrap or baking paper. The butter helps the lining adhere to the tin and allows you to easily lift the pie out of the tin once it’s set.
- When making the filling, start with room-temperature cream cheese.
- Cream of tartar will stabilize the meringue, however, if you do not have it you can continue without it.
- Use large eggs to make sure you have the right amount of meringue to top your pie.
- The weight of an egg-white is 40 grams, so if you need to weigh them to be precise, that is always helpful
- This cheesecake can be made ahead and stored in the fridge for up to 3 days before topping with the meringue topping.
Get More No-Bake Recipes!
Don’t Miss More Cheesecake Recipes
And don’t forget to buy my Bigger Bolder Baking Cookbook!
Full (and printable) recipe below!
Watch The Recipe Video!